John P. Holdren,
Susan L. Graham, Eric S. Lander, Richard C. Levin, Ed Penhoet, William Press,
Maxine Savitz, and Harold Varmus.
The members of the subgroup serve as individuals working
on their own time, not as representatives of their institutions.
The effort has no sponsors and no budget.
Our reports and recommendations regarding the coronavirus
pandemic are posted here as they become available.
COMPENDIUM of Reports 1-6 below (posted 12/31/2020) (PDF, 116 pp.)
This single document assembles all six reports below in full, preceded by a set of brief summaries.
Four of the reports are followed by short updates taking account of developments since the reports first came out.
Earlier posts of individual reports:
1. Recommendations for the National Strategic Pandemic-Response Stockpile (Report, 5/20/2020) (PDF)
"We need to replenish our stockpile of PPE immediately" (Letter, The Washington Post, 7/16/2020) (PDF)
2. The Role of Contact Tracing in the Control of Microbial Epidemics, Including COVID-19 (Report, 6/18/2020) (PDF)
"Contact tracing is essential to preventing another spike in coronavirus infections" (Op-Ed, The Boston Globe, 7/13/2020) (PDF)
3. Strengthening the Public Health Infrastructure: The Role of Data in Controlling the Spread of COVID-19 (Report, 7/28/2020) (PDF)
"It shouldn’t be so hard to get the data needed to protect public health" (Guest Expert Comment, Modern Healthcare, 8/31/2020) (PDF)
4. Testing for the Pathogen During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Future Ones (Report, 8/18/2020) (PDF)
"It Has Come to This: Ignore the C.D.C." (Op-Ed, The New York Times, 8/31/2020) (PDF)
5. Recommendations for the Coming COVID-19 Commission (Report, 9/21/2020) (PDF)
6. Epidemiological Modeling Needs New, Coherent, Federal Support for the Post-COVID-19 Era (Report, 9/28/2020) (PDF)
"Modeling, post COVID-19" (Editorial, Science, 11/27/2020) (PDF)
SUMMARIES OF FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF REPORTS 1-6 ABOVE (11/28/2020) (PDF)